GEH BWR Expertise – Improving your Plant Management
GEH has more than 50 years in the nuclear energy industry and is the original designer of Boiling Water Reactor (BWR) nuclear power plants. To help utilities better understand the developing BWRX-300 design, GEH offers Executive BWRX-300 Training — an opportunity to see the benefits of proven GEH BWR Engineering in a new era of nuclear power. This course is specifically for executives and upper management evaluating competing technologies.
Designed to increase overall knowledge of plant and system design, operation and maintenance, the course is especially valuable for management personnel with little or no commercial nuclear experience, or to those who have prior generation PWR or BWR experience.
The course focuses on plant design and operation, while also providing an overview of systems, components, and procedures. To accommodate various learning styles, Executive BWRX-300 Training utilizes numerous training methods, including tours, presentations by experts, and reactor maintenance and refueling training at our refueling and maintenance facility. Course content is tailored to the needs of utilities and may be customized for specific sites.
Modules available for this customized training include operation analysis, technical issues, systems design, safety functions, abnormal events analysis, station nuclear engineering, core management, mechanical maintenance, refueling floor activities, inspection activities, chemistry, instrumentation and control.
• Training provided at full-scale reactor and component mock-up in San Jose, California
• Reactor can be drained and filled for tours, tooling testing, and qualification
• Ability to practice moving dummy fuel bundles; conduct modification and tooling qualifications; and perform In-Vessel Visual Inspections (IVVI) training and qualification
• Increased overall knowledge for upper management of BWRX-300 nuclear power plants and systems, including technical training on plant design, operation and maintenance
• GEH’s experience of more than 70 years in the nuclear power industry ensures customized training from the most qualified experts
• Establishment of relationships with key industry experts
• Emphasis on plant design and operation
• Utilizes numerous training methods, including tours, presentations by experts, and use of our refueling and maintenance facility
Building an agenda. . .
The Executive BWR Training typically lasts four days and will be tailored to fit the individual and unique needs of the participants. A sample course schedule of events includes the following modules: